This is our last dance. This is ourselves.

Tuesday 2 March 2010

colour catchers.

colour catchers. that is what I am doing with my night. Experimenting with the joys of a washing machine which is in love with ripping all of the colour out of my most precious garments and making them all a very ugly blue/grey shade of gross.


I am engulfed in uni work. Bad week in uni, no one speaks in seminars, through utter confusion and true intimidation of the texts we are trying to battle through. Struggle struggle struggle.

East is only 3 weeks away. Oh MY. I know it will be brilliant, I really think it will, the script is just so good and our director is very focused.
Just have to tackle that 4 page monologue which I have been avoiding...

This is the quote which I am using at the beginning of my dissertation (which is still at a word count of 0/10000). I really love it and I am enjoying starting my reading for the D-Word. It is from a little Sherlock Holmes story called The Cardboard Box and goes as follows...

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF IT, WATSON?” SAID HOLMES, SOLEMNLY, AS HE LAID DOWN THE PAPER. “WHAT OBJECT IS SERVED BY THIS CIRCLE OF MISERY AND VIOLENCE AND FEAR? IT MUST TEND TO SOME END, OR ELSE OUR UNIVERSE IS RULED BY CHANCE, WHICH IS UNTHINKABLE. BUT WHAT END? THERE IS THE GREAT STANDING PERENNIAL PROBLEM TO WHICH HUMAN REASON IS AS FAR FROM AN ANSWER AS EVER.

Very true. And somehow I don't feel like my dissertation will bring me any closer to the answer either...

1 comment:

  1. UGH I love that quote, isn't it beaut? Oh Sherlock Holmes, come be alive/not fictional/slightly more keen on women so that I can MARRY YOU.

    (is that too big an ask?)

    So glad you're enjoying the reading & I can't WAIT to come see East. It sounds like it's going to be amazing, it really does! Will I see you for Doll's House, by the way? what night are you planning on going? xxx

    ReplyDelete