Back to the university way of life. BUT I DIDN'T GET A PROPER CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY! The diary for the week is already full but I wouldn't know what to do with empty days (apart from sleeping, eating, time for actual university work....)
Thursday, 27 January 2011
A selection of photos taken during this stupid essay time....
Discovered in the front of a Jonathan Glover book, probably the most interesting thing I've read in forever. A MUST read for those studying Modern History/Ethics.
Written in the back of a VERY boring library book. Summarised perfectly how I was feeling at the time. The library is a beautiful place when there is no-one in it to chew or sniff or breathe too loudly through their nose or eat apples/crisps...
Around this time of year, I write messages to myself. Usually ones in which I insult and guilt myself in to doing more work. This time, I went for the more inspirational approach.
My Christmas Vans have left their box. They are too clean but that is definitely the way I like them. They are a little big for me but I just cannot bring myself to tie the laces in to bows.
They are afraid of new ideas.
They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on... if something is new, I reject it immediately because it is frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.
So I sat here for about a million hours and managed to do nothing but change the blog a random pink colour. Hopefully, I will hate it enough to spend another million hours changing it to something much nicer. I may even draw what I want. Oh yeah, serious stuff.
I handed in my essays today. Over 13, 000 words of life-ruining words. I have months worth of stuff to post but today I am just far too sleepy slash excited for THE weekend! Birthday after birthday, bottle of wine after bottle of wine, outfit after outfit (including a duck outfit)....
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Life is a bit depressing. Essay writing routine kicks in and I begin to question why I am doing an MA at all. I have a degree, a good degree. I need to remember that what I'm doing now is just extra. But it's important. I'm struggling.
This week hasn't been great. However, I managed to pop into the Walker Art Gallery and saw these two pictures...
Super star fucker is above. Easy to get lost in and work out all the links.
Friday, 7 January 2011
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Sunday, 2 January 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
As previously mentioned, I appreciate the New Year as something fresh and I do like to make resolutions. If I really wanted these things, then of course I would do them of my own accord throughout the year but the beginning of a new year, of a new decade, gives me a push of incentive, inspiration and motivation that can be difficult to find.
1. Pass driving test. Spending that much money to CONTINUOUSLY fail is annoying but it will be worth it in the end. I mustn't let it all go to waste.
2. Keep flat tidier. It makes Mathew very miserable when I am messy and makes me feel like a bad person.
3. Get the balance right between MA work, other extra-curricular work and play. I have to remember that I have a degree, the initial pressure is off, but this could be the difference between a dream job and a life in retail...
4. Find what dream job is. Get it...
5. Lose the obligatory half a stone. Unlike most, I eat more when I am happy. Not that I want to be miserable but I think not eating 4 chocolate mousses for lunch won't do much harm.
6. Change blog address to one that is vaguely relevant to title of said blog... DONE.
This where you will be able to find me!