This is our last dance. This is ourselves.

Sunday 19 December 2010

Youth is wasted on the wrong people.

Today was my Mum's birthday. We ventured to a beautiful snowy -14C home to see her, carrying a variety of presents. My very favourite present (possibly of all time) were two CDs, carefully compiled with all our favourite songs that reminded us of her. Some were funny, some were just memorable, and some, including Baby Mine from Dumbo had me, my Mum and my sister in absolute floods of tears. We wanted to watch Annie, she wanted to watch It's A Wonderful Life. She won. A beautiful, long and poignant Christmas film that, for the second time that day, had me crying like a baby. A story of a trapped, devoted man who gave his life for others regardless of his dreams, eventually rewarded by the very people he had strived to save.

"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."


No comments:

Post a Comment