This is our last dance. This is ourselves.

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Sink.


Today, it rained. It really really rained.
And for a while, I sauntered along, getting lost in the romantic connotations and the pathetic fallacy of the rain and how beautiful it really was, and how it brings everyone together with little glances, smiles and shakes of the head while we all look to the pouring heavens, "Naughty rain!"
And then I saw the queue of people outside the Philharmonic Hall. In wet graduation robes.
And I felt like an idiot. An idiot with very wet shoes.
Please please please please please stop raining before Friday.
Sitting in the library doing more "job" stuff.
The library is just the most wonderful place in the world, when there is no one else in it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ruth.

    I miss you and your witty, well written ways.

    Maybe I should find a library, then I might do stuff.

    Well done on graduating! You're such a grown up.

    x

    ReplyDelete