This is our last dance. This is ourselves.

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Quelle est le date de ton anniversaire?

Oh dearest Blog,
I missed your birthday! Yesterday (and I checked to make sure) you were one year old!


That to me is completely crazy. A year has absolutely flown by, a year seems such a huge unit of time at the moment that it hardly existed, you can't possible comprehend all the tiny events that happen in your life that make up a year. I was going to write more on this but the Rent song "Seasons of Love" has popped into my head, rendering anything else I saw cliched and grotesque... Thanks Rent...!

However, as my friend Maggie May keeps on reminding me, I absolutely did not think I would be here this time last year. Looking back, I was so certain that I was going travelling regardless of a lack of funds and lack of a plan.
I would never have dreamed that I would be typing this in the library after being at a PhilSoc meeting, worring about LUDS posters and lines to be learnt while doing my Logic homework. Those thoughts would never have crossed my empty little mind.

In a way, it's comforting. Some things do stay the same, I'm in the same relationship, I'm still studying Philosophy with a sneakier greater passion for drama, many of my friends are the same, I still have very little idea what I want to do with my life after this year.

But comparing where I am now to where I thought I was going to be is very different and quite scary. Life can just change and throw random thoughts at you which you make you change yourself and your direction.

So thank you to everyone who has ever bothered to read this over the past year. As I've said before, I am always so grateful, I am in love with you for it.
This time next year seems so far away...

1 comment:

  1. I am far more in love with you my beautiful thing, and I for one am very glad that you're still in Liverpool!!

    ReplyDelete