This is our last dance. This is ourselves.

Monday 16 November 2009

all talk...

and no trousers. as well as, all fur coat and no knickers. these two phrases have two very different meanings. If you feel that you need to know the difference (as I did!) then all you need is the Barry Household. A wonderful source of knowledge, love, food and warmth :) It's so nice to go round to people's houses, their proper homes, it feels very old school and there is nothing more comforting that being with friends, watching films and eating far too many sweets.
Comforting, yes, but also a massive distraction from the looming essay deadlines. This weekend I have done my very best impression of someone running very fast and far away from the horror of work. I didn't realise how much pressure there would be this year, from friends and family and lecturers and tutors, but also from myself. I think a little bit of pressure is good and from previous experience, I know how to manipulate pressurising situations to my advantage, learning to thrive from it. But this time around? I feel absolutely crushed by it, it is very much a destructive force, one that I most need definitely to overcome. Because this really is my last year to get it right and to do myself justice.
ugh sickening thoughts....
one step at a time though. so right now, I am going to open my blinds, listen to Lady Gaga (will this new obsession ever die?!) and just try to write a very little bit on the joys of atomistic impersonality and moral responsibility. I think the Buddha might have been a bad man....

2 comments:

  1. We can do it! We're gonna get through! I am now stepping away from my computer before I start watching junk on Youtube!
    Have a good 'un!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am truely the best distraction from uni! i read what you wrote out to mummy and she was like 'awwwwwwwwww i always liked ruth' hahaha

    xxx

    ReplyDelete